Welcome to the Healthy Life Supplement
In this issue:
-- ULTRAMARATHONER DEAN KARNAZES
-- Product Focus: Redirect Spending
ULTRAMARATHONER DEAN KARNAZES
ULTRAMARATHONER DEAN KARNAZES JOINS SHAKLEE CORPORATION’S ELITE TEAM OF ATHLETES
Karnazes Relies on Shaklee Nutrition Products to Fuel Race-Winning Performance
Pleasanton, Calif. (Insert Date) – Today, Shaklee Corporation announced its partnership with the “Ultramarathon Man,” Dean Karnazes. Karnazes is an endurance runner extraordinaire and has been saluted by Outside magazine as “America’s Greatest Runner”. He has also been hailed as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People in the World” by TIME magazine and Men’s Fitness says Karnazes may be the “fittest man on the planet”. Karnazes is also author of the best-selling autobiography Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner.
Karnazes’ recent accomplishments evidence his need for high-quality efficacious nutrition. Just a couple of weeks ago he was busy carrying the Olympic torch through San Francisco and just a few months ago he completed 50 marathons in 50 consecutive days, one in each of the 50 states. Karnazes has also won the Atacama Crossing, a brutal 7-day race across the Chilean desert; the Badwater Ultramarathon, 135 miles through the bowels of Death Valley; and a race in minus-40-degree weather through the South Pole - in running shoes!
"My philosophies are aligned with Shaklee philosophies. Not only do I believe in quality, but in authenticity of products. I think Shaklee, more than any other company I have worked with, thoroughly researches their products," said ultramarathoner Dean Karnazes, “I believe in them. That’s why it’s a great honor for me to be affiliated now with Shaklee, and I look forward to years of development and growth ahead.”
“For more than 50 years, backed by the best that science and nature have to offer, Shaklee has set the standard for natural nutrition, powering today’s elite athletes,” said Roger Barnett, Chairman and CEO, Shaklee Corporation, “We are so proud that an accomplished top athlete like Dean is using clinically-proven Shaklee products as part of his regimen.”
Karnazes shares his tips for optimizing workouts:
• Stay Hydrated: According to a study published in 2006 in Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 46% of exercisers are likely to go to the gym dehydrated. Dehydration reduces aerobic endurance and can result in increased body temperature, increased heart rate, disorientation, and even physical collapse! Karnazes stays healthy and hydrated by drinking Shaklee Performance®. Shaklee’s exclusive OptiCarb® formula contains carbohydrates for endurance and electrolytes for quick hydration.
• Eat a Light Meal Before Your Workout: Eating a large meal prior to a workout may leave you feeling sluggish or with cramps because your muscles and digestive system are competing for energy sources. To the contrary, not eating can result in hunger or low blood sugar levels leaving you feeling weak or faint. For optimal performance, Karnazes eats a Cinch Snack Bar or Meal-in-a-Bar one to two hours prior to his workouts - both are Powered by Leucine® to help preserve muscle.
• Replace Protein After a Workout: To stick to your training regimen, help enhance recovery from exercise by drinking Shaklee Physique® immediately after your workout. Physique contains Bio-Build® to give you the nutrients you need to rapidly recover and repair muscle tissue after exercise. Shaklee’s Cinch Whey Shakes are also a perfect post-workout option. Whey protein is one of the richest known sources of naturally occurring branched-chain amino acids, including leucine which plays a critical role in muscle protein synthesis and muscle growth.
• Keep your Joints Healthy: Getting that last mile in, struggling for that last weight-lifting rep, or playing that extra game of tennis can all be tough on joints. Joint health can be affected by many factors, including exercise and simple day-to-day activities. Shaklee Joint Health Complex contains glucosamine, a key building block for larger molecules such as proteoglycans, which give cartilage elasticity, strength and resiliency.
• Daily Nutrition is Key: Athletes need to make sure that their bodies are in top form and that means getting important vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients every single day. Karnazes is always traveling, so Shaklee Vitalizer™ plays a vital role in ensuring that he gets the nutrients he needs because when he’s on the road, it’s hard to eat as well as he’d like to. Not only does Vitalizer contain more than 20 antioxidant compounds in its formulation and pure, powerful omega-3 fatty acids, but it also offers a comprehensive approach to nutrition and health that can translate into better nutrition and improved vitality.
“There isn’t a better endorsement of a dietary supplement’s performance than being chosen by elite competitors like Dean,” says this Independent Shaklee Distributor, “If those in optimal physical condition see the benefits, that’s a powerful statement for what it can do for all athletes.”
For more information on Shaklee natural nutrition products, visit http://www.shaklee.net/healthylife_healthyplanet . For more about Dean Karnazes, visit www.ultramarathonman.com.
About Shaklee Corporation
For 50 years, Shaklee has been a leading provider of premium quality, natural nutrition, and personal care products, environmentally-friendly household products, and state-of-the-art air and water treatment systems. In 2000, Shaklee became the first company in the world to be Climate Neutral™ certified to totally offset its CO2 emissions, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment. With a robust product portfolio, including more than 50 patents and patents pending worldwide, Shaklee has more than 750,000 Members and Distributors worldwide and operates in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, and soon, in China. For more information about Shaklee, visit Shaklee.com.
Some of Dean’s Achievements:
•Winner, Atacama Crossing, 2008
•Winner, Dead President’s Ultra, 2007
•Completed 50 marathons, 50 states, 50 days, then ran 1,300 miles from New York City to St. Louis as a cool down, 2006
•Winner, Vermont Trail 100, 2006
•Winner, Badwater Ultramarathon: The World’s Toughest Footrace, 2004
•Winner, Arabian Stallion Award, Angel’s Crest 100-Mile Endurance Run, 2003
•Winner, Outdoor World Championships, 2000
•Eleven-time Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run Silver Buckle holder
•Ran 350 continuous miles
•Six-time finisher of the Saturn Relay ultradivision (199 miles nonstop solo)
•First and only person to run a marathon to the South Pole in running shoes
•Competed in over 100 extreme endurance events around the globe
•Member of the American Ultrarunning Team representing the USA at the 2005 World Championships
Product Focus - Redirect Spending
Everyday we get bombarded with advertisements, salesmen, and emails telling us to buy some new and improved - wonderful product. Something we just can't live without.
But in today's economy we wonder if we can even pay for the old not improved but necessary gas for our car.
So how can we justify spending extra money on Shaklee products?
For me it wasn't a case of spending extra, it was taking money I was already spending on products and REDIRECTING it to better products from Shaklee.
I didn't jump on the Shaklee bandwagon overnight! It has taken me years to get to where I am and it has been a process of trial and error and one of revalation.
My mom would send me some vitamins. I would take them here and there if I thought about it. But you know, I started to notice that the days I didn't take them I had less energy and was tired all the time.
But how was I going to get that extra money to pay for them so I could take them everyday?
I started to look around at what else I was doing everyday. I noticed I would buy a soda almost every afternoon and maybe a candybar or a bag of chips.
WHY? Not because I was especially hungry, but because it gave me a little burst of energy. That little sugar kick.
Well if I took the vitamins, I didn't need that little kick. If I spent the money I used on my afternoon pick me up on vitamins instead I was actually saving myself a little money and you know what I was better off healthwise too.
When you are young and invincible that doesn't seem like a big deal, but as I get a little older it starts to make sense. Even though we "Know It ALL" as teenagers, the wisdom and experience that comes with age really does help!!
So you can see for me it wasn't spending more, it was redirecting where I spent my money. It kind of fits the saying "Work Smarter, not Harder".
I can now look back at the past few years and see several places where redirecting my money to better products has made a positive impact on my life, my families life and my wallet.
A recent example happened just last month.
My kids all take a children's multivitamin from Shaklee. During the past school year while other kids were getting sick with the yearly cold or flu (I'm a Teacher so I see whats going around) my kids were perfectly healthy. I didn't have a single doctors visit. And with 6 kids, 9 years old and younger, thats a little miracle.
Last month I got busy and forgot to order the multivitamin so we ran out. We were only out of the vitamins for about 10 days but all 6 came down with a fever and sore throat.
I don't know if you would just call it coincidence, but it looks to me that the vitamins really work. The doctors visit co-pays cost me a lot more than getting vitamins for my kids.
How can I argue with healthy kids and spending less money?!?
And finally, many of you that are getting my newsletter also recieved a sample of the Basic H2 biogegradable cleaner. If you look, it costs a about $12 for a bottle.
At first glance your think "I can get a bottle of cleaner down at the supermarket for about $3 and its bigger. Why would I want to spend 4 times as much?"
Well, the $12 bottle makes about 48 gallons of cleaner because its concentrated. So it costs about 25 cents for a gallon or less than a DIME for a bottle about the size you buy downtown. SO... $3 or ten cents, now what makes more sense. Plus most people would say it cleans as good as or better than those other cleaners and ITS SAFE FOR OUR HOMES AND THE ENVIRONENT!
SO when you look at it, its not spending more, its redirecting your money to better, smarter products. In the long run you will often save money.
Next time you are about to run out of household cleaner, or next time you are buying that soda or energy drink, think about your choices. What really gets you your most BANG for your BUCK.
Redirect some of that spending.
And you know what, its no risk to you because if you try it and find it doesn't work for you then return it. Everything Shaklee makes is research and produced using the finest ingredients and the highest standards so they don't have a problem offering a 100% Money Back Guarantee.
View a catalog of all that Shaklee has to offer.
I hope you were able to find something interesting or useful in the newsletter and you leave a little better educated than you came in.
If you would like to know more about any of the products I use or things I would recommend please contact me. I would love to help.
I look forward to hearing your comments and questions. If you have a topic you would like addressed in future HealthyLife Supplements, please let me know.